Day 31 Devotional Before United Prayer: (about 1:50 minute reading)
A Message That Prepares Believers and Glorifies Christ
It should be clear then that the message of righteousness by faith must be proclaimed to the world as we present the third angel’s message. This is necessary for the full gospel of a delivering Savior to be proclaimed and prepare a people for Christ’s second coming. For it is only as individuals understand and experience righteousness by faith in Christ alone that they will be able to live without a mediator when judgment ceases, remain faithful to God through the time of trouble, and stand in the presence of Christ in all His glory at His return and not be consumed.
It is only as righteousness by faith is understood and experienced that Jude’s words will be true for us.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for ever. Amen. (Jude 24-25)
Therefore, since the Seventh-day Adventist Church was raised up by God to give the last-warning message to the world in preparation for Christ’s second coming, it is essential the message of righteousness by faith be an integral part of our teaching and preaching. Our proclaiming only the warning of Revelation 14:9-11 will present prophetic facts of coming events. However, that alone will not give the hearers what they need in order to be ready for those final events.
The message of righteousness by faith must also be proclaimed so they will learn how to let Christ live out His commandment-keeping in and through them. Otherwise their obedience will actually become legalism, seeking to keep God’s commandments through their own efforts, which is a meritorious obedience. When righteousness by faith is understood and experienced, Christ is actually doing the obedience in the life. Therefore, Christ alone gets the glory.
That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. (1 Corinthians 1:29-31)
Day 31 Prayer Focus: Pray for
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- Revival for yourself and the church
- God to lead you and the church to understand and experience righteousness by faith in preparation for God’s last-day message to be given in the “loud cry” accompanied by the latter rain of the Spirit
- Those on your prayer list
Day 31 Going Deeper Discussion Questions: (based on pages 104 to 106 of “Righteousness by Faith” by Dennis Smith [pages 124 to 126 of the PDF version])
- As we present the third angel’s message, what is necessary to be proclaimed?
- Why is it essential that the message of righteousness by faith be understood and experienced by all who are living on earth when Christ’s mediator work is complete, and the time of trouble comes upon this earth?
- Read Jude 24-25. Describe what will one experience if righteousness by faith is understood. Share your thoughts.
- What does Revelation 14:9-11 present? Will it give the hearers what they need in order to be ready for those final events?
- How should the message of righteousness by faith be an integral part of our teaching and preaching?
- What will happen if the message of righteousness by faith is proclaimed with the last warning message?
- What is meritorious obedience?
- In 1 Corinthians 1:29-31, who gets the glory when righteousness by faith is understood and experienced?
Day 31 Heart preparation/challenge:
- Throughout the day ask God to remind you what He is speaking to you in today’s reading and going deeper discussions and to help you to apply them in your life.
- Read “Righteousness by Faith” by Dennis Smith pages 108 to 114 (pages 128 to 134 of the PDF file) in preparation for Day 32.
- Prayerfully answer Day 32 discussion questions in preparation to share on Day 32 Going Deeper segment of united prayer.