Be Humble and Teachable
Today for Day 12 let us reaffirm the centrality of Jesus in our pursuit of building a House of Prayer.
Have you ever considered the profound impact individuals can have on the world when they follow Christ’s example of self-denial for the sake of truth? By opening their hearts to the Holy Spirit, individuals become vessels through which God’s power and influence can flow, enabling them to engage in meaningful work aligned with His purposes.
- Devotional Reading: Meditate on the words from Ellen G. White: “God can use every person just in proportion as He can put His Spirit into the soul temple.”
Be Humble and Teachable – In choosing men and women for His service, God does not ask whether they possess learning or eloquence or worldly wealth. He asks: “Do they walk in such humility that I can teach them My way? Can I put My words into their lips? Will they represent Me?”
God can use every person just in proportion as He can put His Spirit into the soul temple. The work that He will accept is the work that reflects His image. His followers are to bear, as their credentials to the world, the ineffaceable characteristics of His immortal principles.—Testimonies for the Church 7:144 (1902).
2. Join the boiler room and follow along with their devotional reading for the day.
Day 12 Heart Challenge:
- In addition to committing to keeping your focus on Jesus throughout this 40 days, take a moment to identify one specific talent, ability, or desire that you can surrender to Him today. Trust that as you relinquish control and allow Him to work through you, He will use your life to build a House of Prayer that glorifies His name.
- Reach out to someone in your community or church who may be struggling and offer to pray with them. Share the love and power of prayer by standing alongside them in their time of need, demonstrating the transformative impact of seeking God’s presence together.
- Prayerfully reflect on Step 3 of how to Build a House of Prayer. Reflect also on the call to pray for Spirit-filled individuals who will share the burden and help pay the price for revival. Acknowledge the significance of this task as we prepare ourselves for Day 13.