Day 35 Devotional Before United Prayer: (about 1:05 minute reading)
Three Amazing Experiences
Every Christian experience has both similarities and differences in their various walks with the Lord. Moreover, I do believe that the three experiences in Christ that have affected me most profoundly would do the same for every Christian.
The Born-again Experience
The first amazing experience every Christian has is the new birth under the power of the Holy Spirit. John referred to this born-again experience in his gospel.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:12-13)
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:3)
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)
The born-again experience came to me when I was in college. Its influence was so profound in my life that it totally changed by philosophy of life. I was raised in a good home, but secular. Religion played no significant role. So my values were those of the world. I took engineering to make money. My goal was worldly success.
After experiencing the born-again encounter with Christ through the Spirit, worldly values lost importance. In time, I left the profession of engineering to study for the ministry. Since that experience, the majority of my adult life has been full-time ministry for the Lord.
Day 35 Prayer Focus: Pray for
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- Revival for yourself and the church
- God to lead your church to understand and experience the three amazing experiences of the new birth, the baptism of the Holy Spirit and righteousness by faith in preparation for Christ’s soon return
- Those on your prayer list
Day 35 Going Deeper Discussion Questions: (based on pages 121 to 122 of “Righteousness by Faith” by Dennis Smith [pages 141 to 142 of the PDF version])
- What is the first amazing experiences all christians should have under the power of the Holy Spirit? Describe the amazing experiences listed in this day’s devotional. Have you experienced these amazing experiences?
- What do you call the experience that every Christian has in the new birth under the power of the Holy Spirit?
- What does being born again mean. Share your born-again experience.
- Does everyone have the same similar experience with their walk with the Lord? Why or why not?
- What are some of the blessings of being born again?
- How can you explain this new birth to those who do not understand?
- What blessings have you received since being born again?
Day 35 Heart preparation/challenge:
- Throughout the day ask God to remind you what He is speaking to you in today’s reading and going deeper discussions and to help you to apply them in your life.
- Read “Righteousness by Faith” by Dennis Smith pages 122 to 124 (pages 142 to 144 of the PDF file) in preparation for Day 36.
- Prayerfully answer Day 36 discussion questions in preparation to share on Day 36 Going Deeper segment of united prayer.