Day 39 Devotional Before United Prayer: (about 1:55 minute reading)
The Mystery of God Finished
Just before Jesus returns, the mystery of God will be finished.
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets. (Revelation 10:7)
What is this mystery of God that is to be finished? Paul tells us.
The mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:26-27; emphasis added)
The 1888 message is all about the mystery of God—Christ in you, which is your only hope of glory. The mystery of God is the gospel of a sin-pardoning and sin-delivering Savior. The mystery of God is full justification and sanctification through Jesus Christ. The mystery of God is righteousness by faith in Christ alone.
This is the mystery that will be completed in God’s people at the very end of time. That is why God is bringing this message again to His people at this hour of earth’s history.
We place ourselves in grave jeopardy if we reject God’s merciful call to understand and experience righteousness by faith as so many did more that 100 years ago.
I personally believe that today there will be a remnant among God’s professed people who will respond to God’s call and experience the full and complete deliverance Christ offers. They will be the people who receive benefit from the latter rain of the Spirit. They will give the loud cry of the third angel’s message in great power. They will victoriously make it through the time of trouble or tribulation by not receiving the mark of the beast. And, they will be the ones who will stand in the very presence of Christ in all His glory and not be consumed.
God is calling you to be among that people.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for ever. Amen. (Jude 24-25)
Day 39 Prayer Focus: Pray for
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- Revival for yourself and the church
- God to lead your church to understand and experience the three amazing experiences of the new birth, the baptism of the Holy Spirit and righteousness by faith in preparation for Christ’s soon return
- Those on your prayer list
Day 39 Going Deeper Discussion Questions: (based on pages 128 to 130 of “Righteousness by Faith” by Dennis Smith [pages 148 to 150 of the PDF version])
- What will happen just before Jesus return?
- In your own words, what did Paul say in Colossians 1:26-27?
- What is 1888 message all about?
- What is the mystery of God?
- Why must God finish ‘the mystery of God’ before Jesus returns?
- What is the warning to you if you reject God’s merciful call to understand and experience righteousness by faith as so many did that 100 years ago?
- How would the professed people of God benefit from receiving the latter rain?
- Do you want to respond to God’s call and experience the full and complete deliverance Christ offers? Do you feel God is calling you now and not to delay responding to His calling?
- What is God’s promise to His remnant people in Jude 24-25?
Day 39 Heart preparation/challenge:
- Throughout the day ask God to remind you what He is speaking to you in today’s reading and going deeper discussions and to help you to apply them in your life.
- Prayerfully reflect back from Day 1 to today of these 40 days of studying righteous by faith and how the Holy Spirit has changed you and to share on Day 40 Going Deeper segment of united prayer.