Day 10 : December 27
Title: Whole-souled Men to Stand in the Gap
Scripture: Isaiah 8:16
Bind up the testimony, seal the law among My disciples.
Bible Commentary, Vol. 4, p. 1152
There must be no halfway work done now. The Lord calls for stanch, decided, whole-souled men and women to stand in the gap, and make up the hedge.
…We are always to look to God; His word is not Yea and Nay, but Yea and Amen (NL No. 19, pp. 2, 3).
The seal of God’s law is found in the fourth commandment. This only, of all the ten, brings to view both the name and the title of the Lawgiver. It declares Him to be the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and thus shows His claim to reverence and worship above all others. (Great Controversy, p. 452)
Heart Challenge and Discussion Questions:
Seventh-day Adventists have the unique, prophetic calling to proclaim in words and actions the Three Angels’ Messages to the entire world in preparation of the Second Coming of Jesus. The foundation of the Three Angels’ Message is the everlasting gospel. The good news that Jesus is your Salvation. By receiving Him, you receive cleansing of and victory over sin, and life eternal. The first angel’s message can be summarized like this: God is Your Creator. That’s why you are loved and desired by Him and have no need to worship self or any form of idol. As His creation and in response to His love, you are enabled to reflect His loving character, especially now as we are living in the days of the judgment.
- Will you take hold of your endtime identity in Christ and let Him live out His life within you? Do you trust that this intimate relationship with Jesus can give you confidence in the judgment?
- Share your testimonies, victories, reflections, lessons learned, and answered prayers throughout the 10 days.
- Pray for God to give you at least one person that you can lead to Christ in the next year.
- Pray for opportunities to reach out to your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers with the gospel of Jesus.
- Continue to pray for your 7 names.
- Pray for safety and health to the attendees at Phoenix, Arizona. Pray that a hedge of protection will be upon everyone and that angels that excel in strength will be at the conference.
- Pray that the music at GYC honors God and draws people closer to Jesus.
- Pray that the meals will be healthy and taste good.
- Pray that the GYC leaders will be filled with the Holy Spirit and be in good health and strength during the conference.
- Pray that the weather is pleasant so that the attendees are able to walk back and forth between the dome and their motels.
- Pray for attendees to have a breakthrough in their understanding and experience of God’s love, that they will leave the conference on fire for God and with an intense desire and commitment to stand in the gap, to seek and save the lost.